SML Search

Monday, October 29, 2007

225plan: Phillip Starck + IKEA / 2003-05-21 / SML

This is an illustration of how two gay men can possibly live together in a NYC studio apartment.



225plan: Phillip Starck + IKEA / 2003-05-21 / SML (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

I did this in 2003 with my second husband. Obviously, it requires a lot of planning using Adobe Illustrator in typical SML fashion. I don't make a lot of money so we decided to go with IKEA furniture.

Scott, my lover at the time, had a lot of designer furniture from Philip Starck and the like so it's a clash of expensive+cheap modern furniture. They actually work quite well together. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of it that place. When you spend *that* much time in a tiny place, the last thing you would be doing is to take photographs of it also.

Easter Eggs
If you zoom in you will see my nip and a hint of broad chests on the taller guy (Scott). The illustration is drawn to scale. I can't help but inserting a bit of fun on my everyday living.

Related
SML Flickr Tags: Scott+SML

SML Copyright Notice
© 2003,2007 See-ming Lee (Blog / Facebook / Flickr / Google / LinkedIn / YouTube). All rights reserved.

1 comment:

Modern Furniture said...

The floor plan looks great and definitely a comfortable place to live in.